Photographs From my Travels

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Backing up And Spinning in Place

I had watched a cruise ship special while I waited for my trip. It was filled with fun information and it was about turn over day for the Oasis of the Seas. Freedom of the Seas was in port and it is the Oasis’ Sister Ship.

From


Also the Disney Dream was in.

From


The Disney Dream did a similar route to the Carnival Sensation. It did a four day cruise and then a three day. The Freedom of the Seas does a 7 day.

Both of these ships are much larger then the Sensation with twice the passengers. We had a light load with only a bit over two thousand people on board. With fewer passenger’s we where the first out. I got to see one of things, that to me, is coolest about a cruise ship.

They back up, spin in circles, and parallel park like a car. I had watched the Monarch of the Seas dock on a television special. They spun it in a circle when they went to port. Being on the ship as it spun around was very cool

You saw the photographs above. We parked on the rear upper deck and watched our ship back out of dock and spin around to open water.

From


And off we went. About this point we lost cell reception from land. The Florida coast line was attractive.

From


Later, the Dream came up from behind us and passed us moving a lot faster.

From


And then the Dream passed us.

From




We unpacked our clothing. I’m not used to unpacking when I travel but Tim is. I took the closet and he took the drawers. There was more then enough room. Our room could easily hold four people and all of their luggage without anyone tripping over anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment