Photographs From my Travels

Monday, August 29, 2011

Room Service for the Hell of it

I was being a glutton. There is no other excuse then the desire to indulge in true gluttony. I have no excuse. Nor do I feel shame. I wanted to try as much food as possible. I only had three more days after all. That's not a lot of time to try a lot of things.

I had to order room service. It was free after all. Our menu was missing a page when we arrived. I asked our steward, when he introduced himself to us, to replace the page. We found it on the bed later that evening. The room service menu is limited. It contained deserts and sandwiches and a chicken and steak dish.

I ordered a roast beef sandwich for myself and Tim decided on a BLT. We also got some hot tea and desert.

From Bahamas - 2011


From Bahamas - 2011


The food was good. The bread was lovely. I hate highly processed bread that gets soggy quickly. The sandwich had mustard on it. I’m not a big yellow mustard fan so I ate around that section. It had a slice of brie cheese on the bottom.

I decided to try a custard type flan desert. It had a caramel sauce and diced apples on it. It was okay but I don’t really like custard type deserts. I keep trying them and I keep not liking them. Tim loves it and happily consumed the rest of it.

From Bahamas - 2011


I tipped the person delivering it. The only other times I got room service after this was the morning. At those times, they dropped off the menus and left before I could tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment