Photographs From my Travels

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

An Occasional Traveler

I never had a goal of traveling. It started when I was a kid and my mother would take me with her to her work conferences. I went to several parts of the US when I was in elementary school and middle school. In high school I started showing dogs and I got to travel all over the country to go to dog shows.

By the time I was in collage, I had a taste for it. I got to travel more to visit with friends and go places as a group. My school was also 1,400 miles from my house and I made that drive quite often.

I still did not have any established goals. I got to visit with friends off and on over the years but the concept that I would ever be financially secure enough to travel did not come until my late twenties.

My husband took a job that required about 25% travel. I found myself envious of him and his trips all over the planet. I wanted to see and experience these things as well. That is when the luck kicked in. I got to travel with him. It took me a bit to try it but after my first attempt, I'm trying to add a few more in.

I take photographs and I try to experience it to the fullest. I am a cautious eater at home but when I travel I try everything. I try to overcome my natural shyness and step out to experience what there is to experience. I'm trying to bring that to my daily life but its not as easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment