Photographs From my Travels

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Immigration and Goodby Sensation

It turns out that it is good to get to immigration early. I think they did a beautiful job of flowing people into the theater, into seats, and then onto the stage to get checked. Originally, I dropped off my husband and went and got my knife. That took me about eight minutes. I went and found him, about to go inside and went and sat with him. We waited about twenty minutes before he got checked and off we went to breakfast.

Ahhh... breakfast... so divine. My last meal as well, so with my faithful hot chocolate in hand, I ate, I enjoyed, and said goodbye.

Disembarkation was taking a little bit so we were back in our room for about an hour. I watched them unpack baggage. I watched them drop baggage. I watched them almost wreck forklifts into each other and then get into a verbal altercation. I was thankful that we use hard luggage. I have a Hawaiian blue case that I got in Japan that we love. All of our other luggage is hard and its a good thing. The amount that they load in each cage and the way they throw it around is incredible. Later, at the hotel that night I found deep fresh scratches and gouges everywhere. I felt bad for people with soft luggage and anything delicate. All of my mugs made it just fine.

We were in group 4 so we were the first group to get off that had luggage collected. The entire disembarkation process was nice and simple. We got off the ship, followed the pathways, and collected our bag. At one point, on an escalator that is an enormous sign on the wall that says, “The Porters are paid a salary. Do not tip.” That reminded me of endless tip wars on Cruise Critic. I could only chuckle.

Our bags were easy to spot. Because we have hard cases, with bright luggage straps (red and green) and odd colors it took less then 5 minutes to find our bags. We were through customs in a moment since I had nothing to declare, and out the door. Since we had a Hertz car back we saw a Hertz shuttle arrive just as we reached the passenger area. We chased it down and off we went, sad to go but having thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Goodbye Sensation...

From Bahamas - 2011


Hello Irene...

From Bahamas - 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment