Photographs From my Travels

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sea Evening

It was to close to the end.

We started packing. We had spread out over the cabin. The towel animal was a heart today. That made me roll my eyes. However, I wrote a note and put it on top of a wad of money and put that in the heart which I placed at the top of the bed.

We also watched a bit of television. We found out there had been an earth quake where we lived. Also, the hurricane was chasing us with some energy. The Miami news channels made me roll my eyes. The weather man is going “To all my friends in the Bahamas, its time to secure your windows and prepare for the storm!”

“They were doing that a day ago,” I said to him.

“I know they are watching us.” He continues. “So I’m sending the warning. We have a loyal following in the Bahamas.”

“Uh huh,” I said to the television. “Sure.” I think its dumb to talk to the television. However, this situation warranted it. I’m sure the residents of the Bahamas know how to prepare for a hurricane without him.

We packed until dinner and then we headed out early. Seven is our time now. Right between the two scheduled seating, the dining room was low key at that time.

Tonight, we managed not to sit by Jeans Guy and Grumpy Girl. We did get to sit next to another interesting couple. I find everything interesting perhaps. This time we were not at a booth. We were at a table for two that kind of floated, three out from the window. It was fine if a bit busy. We made sure to go around 1900 hours so that we had plenty of time to get to the comedy show.

The table next to us was a couple who turned out to be from the same area we are from. What caught our attention was that he ordered for her. When we sat down they were discussing what they were going to get. However, when the server appeared he goes, “She will have...” and rattles off her order.

That is just weird for me. However, it prompted my husband to offer (quitly and once they had left) to order for me in the future. He said he’d make sure to order me well done meat (I eat rare) and lots of extra mayo (I won’t touch the stuff) with plenty of coffee (I don’t drink it). Sarcastic and all. I’m sure that it works for some people but I am an adult and capable of ordering my own food. There is something to controlling about someone ordering for me while I’m sitting there staring at him. They also didn’t have desert. I felt bad for them. I drowned my sorrow for their neglected desert in my delicious hot chocolate.

Crab Something Appetizer

From Bahamas - 2011

Sushi Appetizer

From Bahamas - 2011

Tasteless Pasta Dish

From Bahamas - 2011

Overcooked Meat Thing

From Bahamas - 2011

Ice Cream and Cake mix with Fruit On it

From Bahamas - 2011

Amazing Hot Chocolate

From Bahamas - 2011

Not the best meal we've had

From Bahamas - 2011

We got to the comedy show about forty minutes early. We settled down and talked. We also decided to buy drinks. In the end, we got one for each show. I had a Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri and a Virgin Pina coloda. The husband had alcoholic versions of each. My virgin drinks cost just over four dollars. A steal for something that tasty. The husband had never had a Pina colada before and he really enjoyed it.

From Bahamas - 2011
:right">From Bahamas - 2011



The shows were very entertaining. I have a horrible sense of humor but they kept me amused. One comment that really tickled me was when the comedian screamed and mimicked people going, “My sail and sign card was what?” I’m sure some people had a nasty shock there.

We then went back to our room to finish packing. We discovered that the husband would have to go to immigration at six in the morning. That sucked. We were not expecting that at all. We put our bags out into the hallway and by the time we were done we found out that we were in Port Canaveral.

We were there early. The Disney Dream was there ahead of us. The storm was smashing into the Bahamas behind us. We watched the ship sale into port and then we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment