Photographs From my Travels

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lunch and High Tea

This was the only day of our trip that the main dining room was open for lunch. The food was pretty good although I was wasteful and not with a lot of intention to be wasteful. I just ordered a dish without thinking it through and I couldn’t get past the fact that it was made with mayo.


We had salad.

From Bahamas - 2011


From Bahamas - 2011


We each had the beef dish.

From Bahamas - 2011


The chocolate cake out chocolated me.
From Bahamas - 2011



The Strawberry thing I wanted to try but it was Strawberry Banana and I don't do banana.

From Bahamas - 2011


We then went to check out the chocolate selection at the Lido Buffet.

From Bahamas - 2011



Tea Time

I find the thought of tea time to be bit romantic. Or, at least, as romantic as I get. Perhaps elegant is a better description. That, I am sure, comes from reading to many books. I have a thing for authors from other countries. The differences in dialect and cultural points add a little something to the story for me. The husband is also British so he enjoys a good tea.

When I learned on some forums that the ships tended to have tea time on one of the sea days I was vastly excited. When our sea day came about, I read my daily schedule and sure enough, it was Tea Time in the lounge named a ‘Touch of Class’.

I was excited. I wondered what lounge was a ‘Touch of Class’. We went out walking to find out. I was horrified to learn that it was what I called the creepy hands lounge. The entire place was decorated in hands. The booths were formed by gigantic black and white hands. The tables were held up by hands. There was a hand over the piano bar. There were hands on the walls and hands on the floor.

From Bahamas - 2011

From Bahamas - 2011

From Bahamas - 2011


Ugh.

Thank god the tea and cakes and sandwiches were amazing. We drank tea, ate snacks, and listened to some pretty good piano music. There were only three other groups there so it was very quiet.

From Bahamas - 2011

From Bahamas - 2011

I want tea time every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment