Photographs From my Travels

Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Mother's 60th Birthday

I am close to my mother. This year, she turns 60. She is throwing herself a birthday party and I am throwing her a cruise.

Perhaps, not me exactly, but it worked out that way.

After my last cruise, which was also my first cruise, I was hooked. My husband and I signed up for another in January.

As I have stated, my goal is to travel occasionally. More often would be better. However, I need to get away from work and home with some type of regularity. I'm tired of living my life in an endless cycle of work and home and work and home. My goal was one vacation a year with plans for at least two. Maybe, I would start to take an occasional weekend trip as well.

Well, my big vacation for this year was a trip to Hong Kong. Last week, that was canceled. I was upset but not devastated. I didn't want to go to Hong Kong with the passion that I wanted to go to Japan. However, I wanted to go. I'd been reading and watching shows about it.

The time that I had taken off of work started the week after my mother's birthday. With enough money to travel to Asia in my pocket, I decided to see if my mother wanted to take a birthday cruise with me instead.

She said she did.

So I wound up booking us on a cruise. Two months after my last one and two months before my one with my husband. It is both rediculious and exillerating at the same time. I can't make this to much of a habit or I will be in the poor house. However, the next four months will be filled with a lot of personal activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment